Applying to study in the UK can be a complex process, and each visa application is carefully scrutinised by the UK government. It is important to include all relevant documentation and information to increase your chances of acceptance.

This is where we come in. At London Visa Consultancy, we are experienced in completing these applications and do so often. Therefore, we can provide you with all the information and support that you need when submitting your application. On top of helping with the application form, we can also give advice on any interviews you may have or help you prepare for any English test that may be recommended. We understand that if you are a student, your budget may be limited, and therefore, we aim to keep our costs low without compromising on service.

Types of Study Visa

If you are an Indian student looking to study within the UK, there are three main types of visas that you may be eligible for. Let’s take a closer look.

Short-Term Study Visas

Many courses last months rather than years, and for these, you will require a short-term study visa. Courses that qualify for this may include degree modules rather than a full course, training courses, or short English language courses. These courses need to be privately funded rather than at a state-funded school. This type of visa does not give you permission to work, and you must travel to the UK by yourself. Short term visas have both 6 month and 11 month options.

Tier 4 General Student Visa

Those aged 16 or over can apply for a general student visa if they have already been accepted on a course at a UK educational establishment, have enough funding to cover tuition fees, living costs, and the visa application itself, and evidence of a proficient level of English. It is normally recommended that you take an English language test to document this. Applications can be submitted three months before your course start date.

Tier 4 Child Student Visa

If you are looking to get a visa for a child between the ages of four and seventeen with the view of them attending a UK school, a Tier 4 Child Student Visa is for you. When applying for this visa, you must already have been accepted into the school, have permission from a parent or guardian, have proof of funds to pay for education fees and living costs, and payment for the application itself. Applications can open around three months in advance.